~Dollhouse~ Un-official forum for the French model & actress Laetitia Casta
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a unofficial fansite. All the rights of the images and articles shown on this website belong to their respective owners.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ruslana korshunova

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hope1
Paperdoll
Paperdoll
hope1

Female Messages : 96

Ruslana korshunova Empty
PostSubject: Ruslana korshunova   Ruslana korshunova EmptySun 24 Oct - 21:38

Ruslana Korshunova

Born Ruslana Sergeyevna Korshunova
July 2, 1987(1987-07-02)
Alma-Ata, Kazakh SSR, Soviet Union
Died June 28, 2008(2008-06-28) (aged 20)
Manhattan, New York, United States
Other names Russian Rapunzel
Occupation Fashion model
Height 1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)
Hair color Ash-blond
Eye color Grey
Measurements 84-61-86 (EU), 33-24-34 (US)
Dress size 34 (EU), 4 (US), 6 (UK)
Agency Models 1, IMG Models

Ruslana Sergeyevna Korshunova (Russian: Руслана Сергеевна Коршунова; July 2, 1987 – June 28, 2008) was a Kazakh model of Russian descent. After establishing herself as a rising figure in the fashion industry by posing for magazines like Vogue and designers such as Vera Wang and Nina Ricci.

Korshunova's death, which was ruled a suicide, became the subject of international attention.

Early life and career

Ruslana Korshunova was born in Taldykorgan, Alma-Ata, Kazakh SSR,[4] and was of Russian descent. Her father, Sergey Korshunov, died in 1992 when she was 5 years old.[5] Her mother, Valentina (née Kutenkova) and her brother, Ruslan, live in Kazakhstan.[6] She spoke fluent Russian, English and German.[1]

She was discovered in 2003, when All Asia magazine printed a story on Almaty's local German language club, which Korshunova was then attending. Her photograph, which was featured in the article, caught the attention of Debbie Jones of Models 1; Jones tracked down and signed up the then 15-year-old Korshunova, who was nicknamed the Russian Rapunzel for her long knee length chestnut hair in her early work. Korshunova was represented by IMG (New York, Paris, London and Milan),[Beatrice (Milan), Traffic Models (Barcelona), Marilyn Models and iCasting Moscow, which was her mother agency. British Vogue hailed Korshunova as "a face to be excited about" in 2005.[citation needed] Korshunova modeled for the covers of French Elle and the Polish and Russian versions of Vogue. She also modeled in print-ads for Blugirl by Blumarine, Clarins, Ghost, Girbaud, Kenzo Accessories, Marithé & François, Max Studio, Moschino, Old England, Pantene Always Smooth, Paul Smith, and Vera Wang lingerie.]
Death

On June 28, 2008 at around 2:30 p.m., Korshunova died after falling from the ninth-floor balcony of her apartment at 130 Water Street in Manhattan's Financial District. Police stated there were no signs of a struggle in her apartment and concluded that Korshunova's death was an apparent suicide, although no suicide note was found. Speculations exist that her death was in fact a murder committed by individuals operating a ring where models are coerced into prostitution for wealthy individuals. One of Korshunova's friends stated that she had just returned from a modeling gig in Paris, noting that she seemed to be "on top of the world" with no apparent reason why she would commit suicide. Korshunova planned to celebrate her 21st birthday on Wednesday in Pennsylvania. Korshunova's former boyfriend, Artem Perchenok, stated that he dropped Korshunova off at her apartment several hours before her death after they watched the Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore film Ghost together. "I feel that she came to say goodbye," said Perchenok. "She was a good person," he added to The New York Post. However, Korshunova appeared brokenhearted and angry in some of her postings on a social networking site. Korshunova's most telling message came in March 2008: "I'm so lost. Will I ever find myself?".

Friends said Korshunova had a stomachache before her death, a small complaint, but in this high-pressure world, "one little knot is the book on the shelf that makes it go down," he said. Police said that only some prescription pill bottles were found in her apartment with Russian labels[Experts did not find traces of someone else’s skin underneath her nails. Korshunova's mother, Valentina Kutenkova does not believe in her daughter’s suicide. "She told me about her work problems about a year ago. She said that she wanted to quit the modeling business. Everything was fine with her recently though. If she had had problems at work, she would have told me," she said.

Muhammad Naqib, a concierge who worked in Korshunova’s building stated, “I was shocked when I saw her on the pavement. She was on the road, small and pitiful, in a puddle of blood, surrounded by a crowd. Her arms and neck were broken,” the man said. Muhammad was immediately suspicious. “Only next day I realized what was wrong. It was her hair! It was much shorter than when I last saw her that night, lively and happy. It seemed like it was cut in a hurry since the ends were uneven.” “All I got is a polite “thank you.” But nobody called me for an interview,” said Moscow autopsist Sergey who worked on her makeup in a Moscow morgue. “The hair could fall out because of a strong impact, but it could not become shorter. When I was preparing the body for a funeral, I noticed that the hair was in a very poor condition. I even offered to find her a wig, but her relatives refused. The ends were uneven, as if someone had cut it with scissors." According to the testimony of many witnesses, no strangers or suspicious people were noticed on the day of Korshunova’s death in her building on Water Street. The back exit in the yard is visible to the concierge, and nobody could pass by the reception unnoticed. During her last visit, Korshunova’s mother stopped by the apartment. According to Korshunova’s friends, Valentina spent several hours at the door of the apartment. She is still hoping to find the answer from American police.On July 7, 2008, Korshunova was buried at Khovanskoye Cemetery in Moscow.[ Her mother stated to Russian newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda that the Russian capital was one of her daughter's favorite cities, and that "[She] would want her beloved Moscow to be her last resting place."

I remember when I first had a moment with Lady R, she was kind, very kind to me, and so very sweet and I miss her very much, and because she was a beauty in mind and body comes very few in a lifetime, I miss her, I really miss her.......for the one and only Lady R... and she was that...or should I say is that and always will be Ruslana korshunova 288240
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ruslana korshunova 288240 Ruslana korshunova 288240 Ruslana korshunova 288240
Back to top Go down
frenchkiki
Admin / Alpha Doll
frenchkiki

Female Messages : 609

Ruslana korshunova Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruslana korshunova   Ruslana korshunova EmptyTue 8 Feb - 18:09

For you Hope Ruslana korshunova 288240

Flair Italy - February 2008

Vogue Italy - December 2005

Back to top Go down
https://laetitiacastafans.forums-actifs.net
hope1
Paperdoll
Paperdoll
hope1

Ruslana korshunova Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruslana korshunova   Ruslana korshunova EmptyThu 10 Feb - 16:22

thank you kiki Ruslana korshunova 461613 im am well jut thank you Ruslana korshunova 272118 and I do have the vogue italia it is so beautiful, really I cried when she left , I think she also was a very beaufiul and kind person, I just get angry because I think to many people took advantage of her natural who she was person Ruslana korshunova 833229 I got to talk to her a couple of times, she was well she was so kind, really a beautiful person Ruslana korshunova 662961 Ruslana korshunova 662961 Ruslana korshunova 662961 Ruslana korshunova 662961 Ruslana korshunova 662961 Ruslana korshunova 662961
Back to top Go down
hope1
Paperdoll
Paperdoll
hope1

Ruslana korshunova Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruslana korshunova   Ruslana korshunova EmptyThu 16 Jun - 23:13

well tommorow will mark the last day I spoke to you Lady R .. and Im missing you always around this time...miss your humour and you very much, xoxoxooxoxo
Back to top Go down
Little Miss Sunshine
Chinadoll
Chinadoll
Little Miss Sunshine

Female Messages : 1055

Ruslana korshunova Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruslana korshunova   Ruslana korshunova EmptyThu 1 Sep - 20:50

Back to top Go down
Little Miss Sunshine
Chinadoll
Chinadoll
Little Miss Sunshine

Ruslana korshunova Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruslana korshunova   Ruslana korshunova EmptyThu 1 Sep - 20:51

Back to top Go down
Little Miss Sunshine
Chinadoll
Chinadoll
Little Miss Sunshine

Ruslana korshunova Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruslana korshunova   Ruslana korshunova EmptyThu 1 Sep - 20:53

Back to top Go down
Little Miss Sunshine
Chinadoll
Chinadoll
Little Miss Sunshine

Ruslana korshunova Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruslana korshunova   Ruslana korshunova EmptyThu 1 Sep - 20:53

Back to top Go down
Little Miss Sunshine
Chinadoll
Chinadoll
Little Miss Sunshine

Ruslana korshunova Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruslana korshunova   Ruslana korshunova EmptyThu 1 Sep - 20:54

Back to top Go down
COP11
Babydoll
Babydoll
COP11

Female Messages : 1776

Ruslana korshunova Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruslana korshunova   Ruslana korshunova EmptyMon 5 Sep - 16:35

Back to top Go down
COP11
Babydoll
Babydoll
COP11

Ruslana korshunova Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruslana korshunova   Ruslana korshunova EmptyMon 5 Sep - 16:42

L'Officiel June/July 2004
Back to top Go down
COP11
Babydoll
Babydoll
COP11

Ruslana korshunova Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruslana korshunova   Ruslana korshunova EmptyMon 5 Sep - 17:33

Back to top Go down
COP11
Babydoll
Babydoll
COP11

Ruslana korshunova Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruslana korshunova   Ruslana korshunova EmptyMon 5 Sep - 17:37

from Facebook
Back to top Go down
COP11
Babydoll
Babydoll
COP11

Ruslana korshunova Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruslana korshunova   Ruslana korshunova EmptyMon 5 Sep - 17:42

Back to top Go down
COP11
Babydoll
Babydoll
COP11

Ruslana korshunova Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruslana korshunova   Ruslana korshunova EmptyMon 5 Sep - 17:45

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ruslana korshunova Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruslana korshunova   Ruslana korshunova Empty

Back to top Go down

Ruslana korshunova
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~Dollhouse~ Un-official forum for the French model & actress Laetitia Casta :: More Dolls in the house :: Fashion Dolls-
Jump to: